To define the standards and reporting practices by which PEC will maintain acceptable electric services reliability.
II. Policy Content:
To list and determine the various practices and set of standards for PEC to provide an acceptable level of service reliability to its members and define the reporting parameters.
- Vegetation Management Plan
PEC will maintain a Vegetation Management Plan which will be reviewed by the
Board of Trustees on an annual basis.
- Reliability Program Reporting
- PEC shall, on a monthly basis, report to the Board of Trustees the Industry Standard Reliability Indices according to the latest version of IEEE Standard 1366. PEC will also report to the Board information from a major event.
- An annual analysis will be performed on the top 5% worst performing circuits based on the outage cause codes to determine if immediate action is necessary to alleviate the reliability performance issue. Reporting also will include any equipment and cause code summary for all outages which have occurred during the previous 12-month period.
It will be the responsibility of the Exec. VP/CEO, Sr. Manager of Engineering & Power Delivery, and Operating Services Unit Manager to properly administer the provisions.
Approved by the Board of Trustees
- Effective Date: June 25, 2004
- Revised Date: August 28, 2009
- Revised Date: August 27, 2020