Job TypeFull Time: Monday through Thursday 7 am to 5:30 pm + Other
SalaryStarting pay $22.66, compensation commensurate with experience
- Performs work under direct supervision in all types of construction, maintenance operations, and retirements, distribution conductors, structures, and equipment on energized secondary voltages (below 600 volts).
- Operates various pieces of construction equipment including pressure digger, boom digger, excavator, tractor, and bucket truck.
- Carries out assignments, interprets staking sheets, specifications, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and other related information as required.
- Performs after-hours service restoration work and is "on call," as assigned by the cooperative, to perform such after-hours service restoration, as needed.
- Performs work on de-energized lines as directed by supervisor.
Job Related Qualifications
- Know RUS and PEC specifications.
- Must be able to lift 100 lbs.
- Demonstrate the ability to handle required tools and operate equipment for installation purposes, and work in inclement weather.
- Demonstrate a good working attitude toward employees and members.
- Must qualify for and maintain a CDL to operate all cooperative vehicles and vehicle combinations.
- Prefer Class A CDL with no restrictions.
- Must reside inside or be willing to relocate within our residency boundaries according to general policy 605.2.
This position is classified as a Safety-Sensitive Job under state law. All employees are subject to the provisions set forth in People Electric Cooperative’s Controlled Substance and Alcohol Use and Testing Policy.
Job will close on January 19th, 2022.