Skip to content
- Cross the street at corners, using traffic signals and crosswalks
- Always walk on sidewalks or paths. If there are no sidewalks, walk facing traffic as far to the left as possible.
Trick or Treat with an Adult
- Children under the age of 12 should not be alone at night without adult supervision. If kids are mature enough to be without supervision, they should stick to familiar areas that are well lit and stay in groups.
Keep Costumes Creative & Safe
- Decorate costumes and bags with reflective tape or stickers and, if possible, choose light colors.
- Have kids carry glow sticks or flashlights to help them see and be seen by drivers.
Drive Extra Safely on Halloween
- Drive slowly; anticipate heavy pedestrian traffic and turn your headlights on earlier in the day to spot children.
- Popular trick-or-treating hours are 5:30 pm to 9:30 pm