To recover the costs associated with PEC making special trips to the member's account location.
II. Policy Content:
To establish a fixed fee to be assessed to the respective member's account when PEC encounters unique requests or requirements to make a trip to a member's account location.
- If PEC personnel are required to make a special trip to a member’s PEC location – not related to a standard service repair request or known power outage – a charge of fifty dollars ($50.00) will be assessed to the member’s account. This will include such requests as the following:
- To collect on an account for nonpayment.
- To restore service between 7:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Thursday to an account which was disconnected for nonpayment or for violation of PEC’s Terms and Conditions.
- To respond to a power outage, low voltage issue, or other such “trouble call” reported by a member between 7:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday through Thursday when the issue is on the member’s side of the meter.
- To provide a meter test at the request of the member. No charge will be made if the meter is found to be defective or to register improperly.
- To set a meter at the time of new service initiation or tie-in service to a new construction location. There will be no charge to tie-in service to a new construction location if only a single trip is required to perform the tie-in.
- If PEC personnel are required to make a special trip to a member’s PEC location outside of the previously noted 7:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday through Thursday hours, an additional $50.00 after-hours fee may be added.
- Any exception or deviation to this policy must be approved by a Member Services Department Director or a member of Management.
It will be the responsibility of the Sr. Vice President of Administrative Services and Vice President of Member Services to properly administer these provisions.
Approved by the Board of Trustees
- Effective Date: January 1, 1994
- Revised Date: March 31, 2003
- Revised Effective Date: May 1, 2003
- 2nd Revision: July 27, 2009
- 3rd Revision Date: October 25, 2018