To provide a standard operating procedure to provide line extensions to electric loads of 1,000 kW or above.
II. Policy Content:
To list the contract requirements and cost consideration for extending service to 1,000 kW and above loads.
- PEC may require the applicant to pay the cost of the extension prior to the construction of the extension.
- PEC, at its sole discretion, may enter into a contract with a non-residential applicant to make provisions for a monthly line extension payment in addition to charges made pursuant to the applicable rate schedule.
- PEC shall take into consideration when preparing such contracts to serve loads of 1,000 kW or more the following:
- Investment in extension of facilities to serve.
- Estimated annual revenue produced by the load.
- Terminated risks, including duration of service and customer's credit.
- Initial term of contract.
- Unusual fluctuation of disturbance to PEC's system.
- Determination of Cost
In determining the amount of payment which shall be required of the applicant on an extension to be made under this section, the total construction cost of the extension shall be based on the estimated cost of construction as determined by PEC. In addition, PEC may provide for a credit toward the cost of construction based upon a formula that contemplates the estimated usage and job type of the proposed extension, at PEC’s sole discretion.
It will be the responsibility of the Sr. Manager of Engineering and Power Delivery and the Sr. VP – Administrative Services to properly administer these provisions.
Approved by the Board of Trustees
- Effective Date: January 1, 1994
- First Revision: April 25, 1997
- Second Revision: August 28, 2009
- Third Revision: December 23, 2011
- Fourth Revision: January 28,2021